Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Been awhile...

No excuses. I just got side tracked with LIFE. School starts tomorrow and I plan to get back on track. Pinky promise.

Hubby and I joined a gym and that is going well so far. We changed our eating habits back in March and have each lost about 13% of our starting body weight. Yea, us! Now to tone up, strengthen and lose just a bit more.We bought a new mattress this past week so hopefully, we'll sleep better and then we'll have more energy to do all we want to do.


Now that school is back in I will be looking for a job outside of the house. I miss the outside world. LOL And I complain so much about poor customer service, I want to do my part to improve it. I love dealing with people, be it helping them, talking to them, or problem solving.

Studio is done for now. We are starting the bathroom redo very soon. I'm so happy about this. He is in a mood to get projects done at the house and I'm excited to see them done. A new shed in the backyard. Both bathrooms done and a kitchen revamp. Woohooo!


So....kids go back to school, we get makeovers, house gets makeover, and I'm motivated to do more and be happy.


That brings me to Stampin' Up! The revamped our color families. I love the new colors. I have one monthly club going now and soon to start another. Would you like to see the projects we did last month? I'm happy to show you.



This was a gift card tin I purchased after Christmas. (I bought a bunch of them @ 90% off) But most Walgreen's, Walmart's, Target, Michael's, etc have gift card tins that can be altered. This one I layered with Basic Black CS and Newsprint DSP. I used 2 1/2" circles or Cherry Cobbler CS and cut into spirals to create roses. Scotch Quick Dry Tacky Adhesive is my favorite wet glue for making this quick and easy. Note...the picture maybe distorted. It is approx. a 4" square tin.
This card is 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card. Scored in half and then the front flap is folded in half again back on itself. We made a card similar to it at the CSI NY Stamp Camp at Convention 2010. Just a few elements made it a WOW card. And the use of the BEAUTIFUL stamp set, Just Believe helped, too. :o)


Here is the open version of this card. I can't get the silly picture to rotate...sorry.


I plan to make more, gift more, and show more. That is my goal for this next month. I made 2 gifts this past weekend that I will share soon.

Love to all. Homework for you.....set a goal and shoot for it. :o)

No comments: