Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday....playing catch up!






I missed blogging over the weekend. Quite frankly, I was so busy that I just didn't take the time to sit with the computer. My email backed up and everything.
Friday, I was busy with last minute details for my Open House. I had to set up the place which meant I had to clean and such before hand. No biggie. I hung out with a few ladies after the event which was really nice. A shout out to Laurie, Surina, and my new friend Afton.
Saturday, I THOUGHT I was finally going to get a day to sleep in if only for an hour. BUZZZ! Survey says, NO! Brady had Lego Club and Chris had to work so that meant I was acting chauffeur for the day. I did have some other errands to do as well. I spent some of the afternoon with my good friend and downline, Mandi. She came over and worked on her swap cards while I piddled with my recipe swaps. I was trying to do them, but just didn't have the mojo in me at the moment. But visiting with her and catching up was really nice. Here is a picture of the card she made. So pretty!
The kids and I met Chris out for dinner. It was a nice family night.
Sunday, I drove to Surprise. It is a little over an hour drive, but seeing my friend, Debbie, makes it totally worth it. Me and the younger kids attending church with her and her kids. The message was one meant for me that day. Exactly, what was on my mind this past week. After church, we headed back to Debbie's house. We had lunch and then Debbie and I worked on our Convention Albums while the kids played. Here is a picture of us with the album itself almost done.
I put together her Big Shot and we used it for the first time. Dare I tell how long she has had it? hehehe Shout out to Debbie---thanks again for an awesome day of laughs.
So today, I'm playing catch up. I feverishly worked on finishing those recipe 6x6's for a swap I joined. I just have to add the recipe itself and they are done. :o) YEA! I read through 550+ emails. I still need to do updates for the swap I am hosting. There is laundry waiting to be done. And I'm sure my family would like to be fed tonight when they come home. They can be so demanding....clean clothes and food....GEEEZ! lol
I want to share the make & take card I did at my Open House this past Friday night. If you were unable to attend.....we missed you and hope you will join us next time. Be sure to check out my new group at meetup.com.
Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments: